LinkedIn is accepting nominations through Oct. 31 for Best of LinkedIn Pages 2019.
Alexandra Rynne, a content creator at the professional network, wrote in a blog post that LinkedIn received over 13,000 submissions in 2018, covering 945 different pages.
She also shared instructions for nominating pages for this year’s edition:
- Members can post an update on their feed @ mentioning the page and including the #BestofPages hashtag.
- Page administrators can post updates directly to their followers to drum up support, spurring followers and employees to engage with those posts and comment on why they like the page. Again, the #BestofPages hashtag must be used.
- Nominations can also be submitted by commenting on associated posts on the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, LinkedIn Sales Solutions or LinkedIn Talent Solutions showcase pages.
Winners will be determined by the number of members who nominate a page, plus the number of engagements (public-facing reactions and comments) on the page’s first nomination post (defined chronologically, deleted posts won’t be counted). Only posts with #BestofPages will be considered valid.
Rynne shared some of the benefits the winners can expect to see:
- Visibility: Your brand will be recognized on the LMS, LSS and LTS showcase pages—as well as blogs and social feeds—as an exemplary model of LinkedIn pages prowess. This equates to positive coverage of your organization before an audience of millions.
- Blog spotlight: You’ll also have an opportunity to share your story with the LMS blog readership by way of an interview with our editor in chief.
- Customized assets: Pages that make the top 10 will each receive a winner’s packet, which includes customized social graphics you can use to publicize your achievement among friends and followers, as well as a badge to adorn your page header.
She also provided some tips for pages hoping to win:
- Complete your page: In order to be considered, your page will need to be complete, meaning that you’ve filled out your description, logo, website URL, city, country, industry and company size.
- Build up your network: The threshold for consideration also requires that your page have at least 150 followers, or 30 mapped employees. Encourage your teammates to associate their LinkedIn profiles with your organization’s page, and follow these tips to grow your following.
- Be active: Because we’re looking to recognize pages that provide consistent value to their LinkedIn community, another requirement is that your page has posted an update within the past 28 days. Naturally, more activity is always encouraged.
- Optimize according to best practices: You can find tons of guidance on content sharing, hashtags, multimedia and more in the LinkedIn Pages Best Practices hub.
- Activate your employees: Ultimately, the pages that receive the most votes will win. No one can be more helpful in this regard than your employees, who are able to submit nominations and also encourage their personal networks to join in support.
She concluded, “Even if you don’t make the top 10 in Best of Pages, there is plenty of long-term value in enhancing your LinkedIn page and engaging your network. What better time to make it a central focus for your team?”